Connect with us

Sports News

Kubrat Pulev vs Anthony Joshua: Details of fight date, venue finally confirmed

Published

on

Bulgarian boxer, Kubrat Pulev will take on heavyweight boxing’s world champion, Anthony Joshua in London on December 12.

The International Boxing Federation (IBF) mandatory challenger confirmed this on Monday.

Pulev, 39, had been scheduled to meet Joshua on June 20, but the fight was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“No turning back, no procrastination! Kubrat Pulev vs Anthony Joshua! The date is December 12, and the place is London!” Pulev, known as ‘The Cobra’, said on his Facebook page.

Pulev added on his website (www.kubratpulev.com) that “the date and place of the event are now final and not subject to change, and both parties have signed the official contract.”

Joshua defeated Mexican-American fighter, Andy Ruiz Jr in a rematch in Saudi Arabia last December to win back his IBF, WBA, WBO and IBO titles.

The 30-year-old was initially due to fight Pulev in October 2017 at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium, but the Bulgarian withdrew from the fight after sustaining a shoulder injury in sparring.

Pulev challenged for the IBF world heavyweight title in 2014, losing to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg in a fifth-round knockout.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

LaLiga: Why David Luiz did not join Real Madrid after leaving Arsenal

Published

on

Real Madrid manager, Carlo Ancelotti, was keen to bring David Luiz to the club this summer, but the club never tabled an offer for the player, Globo reports.

Ancelotti is believed to have made contact with Luiz, who he worked together with at Chelsea.

The 34-year-old became a free agent this summer, having seen his contract with Arsenal expire at the end of June.

However, he has now returned to his native Brazil to sign with Flamengo, putting pen to paper on a 15-month contract.

It ended Luiz’s 15-year playing career in Europe.

But things would have been different if Madrid presented an offer for the experienced centre back.

The LaLiga giants allowed captain Sergio Ramos leave this summer, while Raphael Varane signed for Manchester United.

David Alaba arrived at the Bernabeu on a free transfer over the summer, but the La Liga giants are said to be determined to bring another centre-back to the club in 2022.

Continue Reading

News

Serie A: Mourinho’s Roma tipped to win title

Published

on

Former Inter Milan president, Massimo Moratti, has said Roma are title contenders under new manager Jose Mourinho.

Mourinho won the Treble at Inter Milan under Moratti during his first spell in Italy.

According to Moratti, his return to Serie A makes Roma one of the teams to watch out for.

“I follow the league with great attention.

“Mourinho has revived the competition, he started very well.

“Serie A has one more team, Roma, who will aim for the title. Someone like Mourinho is not aiming for third place,” Moratti said.

Mourinho only joined Roma this year, after he was sacked as Tottenham Hotspur manager.

Continue Reading

News

2022 WORLD CUP Salah Among Absentees as African Qualifying Resumes

Published

on

Africa’s second round of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup is set to kick off with some notable absentees – Mohamed Salah, among them – after the refusal of British clubs to release players for various matches.

Premier League clubs have led the way in refusing permission for players to head to countries on the British government’s Covid red list, which would require 10 days of quarantine upon their return.

With Egypt one of 17 African countries on the red list, Liverpool superstar Salah will miss this week’s home match against Angola in Cairo but could play in Gabon, which is not on the list, next week.

Quarantine conditions meant he could have been one of several internationals to miss multiple games, said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.

“As clubs we cannot do that – not only because we play games in that time, but because without being positive (for coronavirus) they lose 10 days of training,” he said.

Continue Reading

Trending