Connect with us


EPL: Todd Boehly to be removed as Chelsea chairman



Todd Boehly will be removed as Chelsea chairman in 2027, according to Mail Sport.

This is part of an extraordinary agreement between the club’s American co-owners.

They can pass the chairmanship between themselves every five years.

It is understood that will happen when the first opportunity arises at the end of the 2026/2027 season.

Under the terms of the group’s takeover, Boehly is thought to have “gone first” despite holding a minority stake.

Clearlake Capital, the private equity firm managed by fellow owners Behdad Eghbali and Jose Feliciano, have a 61.5% share in the club’s holding company while Boehly has an equal split of the remaining 38.5% with Hansjorg Wyss and Mark Walter.

However, the option to choose the first chairman is thought to have been connected to the terms of the 2022 sale agreement which state that Boehly’s group would be liable to pay any first losses in the event of a realisation or a sale.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Copyright © 2023 Designed with love by Spiral