Nigerian rapper, Folarin Falana, AKA Falz has said Nigerian youths will not be silenced by anyone.
There are speculations that some citizens would mark the one year of the protests against police brutality and corruption with another protest.
Falz, while reacting to statement by the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, barring interested persons from staging any EndSARS remembrance protest, said innocent people were killed just because they were asking not to be killed or brutalized.
However, writing on his Instagram page, the Singer alleged that since the unfortunate incident a year ago, no one has been punished for the crime.
He wrote, “20:10:20 [update] They killed innocent souls that were simply asking not to be killed or brutalized.
“A year later, no one has been punished yet for those heinous crimes.
“A supposed Police Commissioner “warned” against citizens exercising their fundamental human rights. Yes a Police Commissioner.
“A couple of well meaning citizens decided to put together a summit to reflect on last year’s events & honour the lost souls. Event centre pulls out (“instructions from above”)
“As I type this, there is already HEAVY police presence at the Lekki toll gate.
“Best thing they could come up with is organizing “concerts” to try and distract us from remembering the real heroes in all of this. The people they murdered.
“What we will never do, however, is be quiet. We will NEVER EVER EVER EVER be silenced.
“Not today, not on the 20th, not ever.”
Meanwhile, the National Economic Council (NEC) on Friday advised Nigerians against protesting to mark the anniversary of EndSARS.
A statement signed by Laolu Akande, the spokesperson to Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, urged Nigerians to consider other lawful alternative means of engagement.
Akande stated that the advisory was because of the current security situation across the country and the possibility of such protests being hijacked by armed hoodlums.
Baba Suwe buried in Lagos
Late veteran Nigerian comic actor, Babatunde Omidina, popularly known as Baba Suwe, has been laid to rest
Baba Suwe who died on Monday after a long battle with an illness was buried in his home in Ikorodu, Lagos.
Born on August 22, 1958, he was married to comedienne Omoladun Omidina, who died in September 2009.
Baba Suwe dominated the Yoruba movie industry for decades, featured in several movies and bagged many awards.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State had expressed sadness over the demise of Baba Suwe, whom he said, “lived a fulfilled life”.
The Governor consoled Nollywood for losing “one of its outstanding practitioners in the industry”, adding that Baba Suwe was a bundle of talents, who used his God-given gift to advance the course of mankind.
Posting account details is evil – Eucharia Anunobi
Veteran Nollywood actress, Eucharia Anunobi has criticised those posting account details on social media to solicit funds from fans and friends.
Recall that Davido started the trend few days ago as he posted his account details challenging his friends to send him money.
Some celebrities like Kunle Remi, Mercy Eke, Pere Egbi followed the trend and started posting their account details on social media demanding money.
Eucharia, who seemed unpleased with the trend said those putting up account details are shameless and evil.
In a post on her Instagram page, the 56-year-old actress wrote: “The love of money is said to be evil not money rather what is evil is doing anything shamelessly and negatively to get money
“You are following a trend soliciting for money when that money is not to help the helpless, how gross!
“Putting up your account numbers to get money when you’re not doing anything to help humanity is evil.”
Davido gives N200m donated by friends to orphanages, adds N50m
Famous Nigerian singer, Davido has announced his decision on the use of the N200m contributed by his friends and fans.
Recall that the 30BG singer took to his Instagram page few days ago asking his friends and colleagues to send N1m each to him.
At first, Davido mentioned he needed N100m to clear his Rolls-Royce at the port.
However, he surpassed the amount as he received 200m in the last 48hours.
The singer, giving update on his Instagram page, announced that the N200m received will be donated to orphanages across the country.
He also donated a personal sum of N50m to the total amount.
Part of the post read: “I wish to express my sincere gratitude to friends, fans, colleagues and the general public for the generous expressions of love in recent days.
“In my usual playful manner, I requested few days ago that my friends and colleagues send money in celebration of my birthday. The response exceeded my expectations as I received N200m in less than two days. I truly appreciate everyone.
“In view of this, I’m delighted to announce that all funds received totaling N200m will be donated to orphanages across Nigeria as well as Paroche foundation.
“In addition, I will be making a donation of N50m, bringing total to N250m.”
Music1 year ago
Jay Famous – Forgiveness
Music3 years ago
Music8 months ago
Former Bad Boy Rapper, Black Rob is dead
News8 months ago
10 things you need to know today Monday 29/03/2021
Hottest Gist6 months ago
COALITION OF CONCERNED IRU – VICTORIA ISLAND RESIDENTS
News8 months ago
2021 WASSCE will not hold in May/June – WAEC
News1 year ago
Diezani must face N17.6bn money laundering charges – Court
Education3 years ago
What candidates with issues of biometrics should do