The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Thursday gave the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government conditions for dialogue.
IPOB’s spokesman, Emma Powerful said the group would listen to the Federal Government when its leader, Nnamdi Kanu is released unconditionally.
Powerful also noted that the Federal Government should set a date for the referendum of Biafra.
In a statement he signed, Powerful insisted that Kanu committed no crime to warrant being arrested and prosecuted.
He maintained that Kanu should not be detained while terrorists are roaming the streets freely.
According to Powerful: “Our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu committed no crime to deserve persecution by the federal government that is openly hobnobbing with real terrorists and Fulani bandits but crushing peaceful agitators.
“We demand unconditional release of our Leader. He should not be in detention while real terrorists and mass murderers are parading freely on the streets.
“Nigeria government should prepare a date for the referendum on Biafra for people to decide where to stay either in Biafra or Nigeria.Those who want to sabotage Biafra freedom should wait for the referendum date.
“IPOB demands nothing other than unconditional release of our great leader, Mazi Nnamdi KANU, and a date for the Biafra referendum.
“We are not interested in any dialogue unless our Leader, Mazi Nnamdi KANU is released before we can sit with anybody for discussion.”
Court jails secondary school student over threat to kill teacher
A secondary school student, Segun Dosumu, is to spend three weeks in jail with hard labour for threatening to kill one of his teachers.
This is as an Abeokuta Magistrates’ Court found the 20-year-old student guilty of the charge preferred against him on Thursday.
Dosumu, a resident of Iboro area of Ogun State, was said to have pleaded guilty to the charge when it was read to him in court.
As a result, the Magistrate, Mr S. S. Sotayo, after reviewing the facts of the case presented before him by the Prosecutor, ASP Wale Diyaolu, convicted Dosumu, but with an option of N200,000 fine.
According to the Magisterate, all the evidences before the court had proven beyond any reasonable doubt that Dosumu was guilty of the crime as charged, even aside his admission of guilt.
The prosecutor, Diyaolu, had earlier informed the court that the convict committed the offence on Tuesday at Eyinni Comprehensive High School, Iboro Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State.
Diyaolu had disclosed that the SSS3 student threatened to kill or injure the teacher, identified as Mr Ismail Fadeyi, with a broken bottle.
The offence, Diyaolu maintained, contravened Section 86 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Ogun State, 2006.
Nigeria diversifying from oil – Osinbajo
Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo says Nigeria is now focusing on non-oil exports.
He said the zero-oil plan promoted by the Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC), affirms the country as being on economic diversification path.
Osinbajo spoke on Thursday when he received NEPC delegation led by the outgoing Executive Director/CEO, Segun Awolowo.
The VP said the country is on the right path and hailed the attention to non-oil exports.
The Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) told policymakers to ensure that in the next few years, the zero-oil plan is achieved.
Osinbajo hailed Awolowo for his foresight and putting in place a plan that is well-structured and detailed.
“We are certainly getting away from the oil and gas era. We used to think that it will take a while, but today, the circumstances have changed.”
Osinbajo added that public investments from the European Union (EU) and multilateral oil and gas companies are fizzling out.
The VP noted that the Export Expansion Facility Programme (EEFP) is a natural progression for the zero-oil plan.
He advised stakeholders to brace up for the challenges ahead and ensure that the right things are done.
Attack on Sen. Goje’s convoy: APC denies mass resignation of executives in Gombe
The Gombe State chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC) on Thursday, dismissed a report alleging mass resignation of its ward executives in Yamaltu/Deba Local Government Area (LGA) of the State.
The APC State publicity secretary, Mr Moses Kyari disclosed this when he addressed newsmen in the State.
Kyari was reacting to a social media report indicating that over 80 percent of APC ward executives in Yamaltu/Deba LGA have resigned their positions in solidarity with Senator Danjuma Goje, whose convoy was allegedly blocked by political thugs and miscreants while on his way from the airport to the wedding venue of his granddaughter earlier this month.
According to him, the report was very dangerous and malicious.
Kyari said that the report alleging that all the executives in the eleven wards of Yamaltu/Deba LGA have resigned their positions in solidarity with Sen. Goje was not true.
He said, “This is not true, it’s a lie from the pit of hell and as you can see the people concerned have addressed a news conference.
“The people that were allegedly said to have resigned have come to debunk that and to tell the true story of what really transpired.
“Some of the people whose names appear on the list aren’t even in town; some of them are even sick and couldn’t go out, how did their names appear on the list.”
Kyari also described the report as the handiwork of enemies of APC in the State, adding that a committee would be set up to investigate the source of the story.
He added, “We shall take punitive actions by going to court to ensure that the people involved are brought to book.”
Music1 year ago
Jay Famous – Forgiveness
Music3 years ago
Music8 months ago
Former Bad Boy Rapper, Black Rob is dead
News8 months ago
10 things you need to know today Monday 29/03/2021
Hottest Gist6 months ago
COALITION OF CONCERNED IRU – VICTORIA ISLAND RESIDENTS
News8 months ago
2021 WASSCE will not hold in May/June – WAEC
News1 year ago
Diezani must face N17.6bn money laundering charges – Court
Education3 years ago
What candidates with issues of biometrics should do