1. The Niger State Governor, Abubakar Sani Bello, has said that none of the abducted students of Government Science College Kagara, Rafi Local Government Area of the state has been released. The Governor said this shortly after the Islamic Scholar, Sheikh Ahmed Gumi met with the bandits.
2. The Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, yesterday called on the Federal Government to immediately implement recommendations of the All Progressives Congress Committee on True Federalism to address the insecurity in the country. El-Rufai stressed on the failure of the central security system and advocated state police system.
3. The Senator representing Ondo South Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Nicholas Tofowomo, has said that herdsmen in the state were still operating in the forests reserve because Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s eviction order was not backed by law.
4. The House of Representatives has received a petition alleging that the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria has granted a waiver to a private equity firm, Alta Semper Capital, UK, otherwise known as Idi Holdings, to become a part owner of a popular retail pharmacy chain, HealthPlus, in Nigeria.
5.The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) says the Federal Government has declared war on the people of South-East by its military operation in Orlu, Imo State. Mazi Chika Edoziem, the Head of Directorate of State for the group, said this in a statement yesterday, charging IPOB members to be ready for a fresh battle.
6. The Imo State government has said that some members of the Eastern Security Network, ESN, an arm of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, operating in the forest of Orlu -Orsu axis, who were arrested recently, would be prosecuted for murder.
7. The government of Imo State has confiscated a multi-billion naira estate, Royal Palm Estate, allegedly owned by the wife of the former Governor of Imo state, Nkechi Okorocha. The judicial commission of enquiry on recovery of lands and other related matters, set up by the immediate past Governor, Emeka Ihedioha made this revelation.
8. The Sultan of Sokoto and President-General of Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar 111, has said Boko Haram insurgents have eventually transmuted themselves into armed bandits and kidnappers, with the aim of overrunning the country under their unholy agenda.
9. As the Federal Government makes arrangement for the vaccination of Nigerians, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, has alerted that about 55 different lineages of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is circulating in Nigeria and are also changing rapidly as of February 14 2021.
10. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC has again confirmed 877 fresh cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of recorded infections to 150,246. The public health agency made the announcement on Friday night while giving an update on its official website.
2023 Presidency: Zoning can’t stop Tinubu – Ex-Minster
A former Minister of Works and National Chairman of South West Agenda for 2023, Senator Dayo Adeyeye, has restated that the truth that the quarter has produced the president withinside the beyond won’t forestall it from clinching the presidential price price tag if the All Progressives Congress zoned the price price tag to the South.
The former Minister opined that former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, remains the best and the right man to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari after bowling out in 2023 based on experience and political networks.
Adeyeye spoke in Ado Ekiti on Tuesday during the official launching of the South West Agenda (SWAGA) 2023, a political platform rooting for the presidential aspiration of the former Lagos State Governor.
Adeyeye added that the APC leaders must respect the zoning of lresidency to the South in 2023, as a mark of respect for the silent agreement within the party at inception in 2013.
Adeyeye said: “And if the ticket comes to the South, the fact that the Southwest had produced the President before won’t prevent the Yoruba race from getting the APC ticket.
2023: APC governors kick against zoning.
“You could all remember that the late President, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was from Katsina State and when the ticket went back to the North in 2007, they picked President Muhammadu Buhari from Katsina. They didn’t say his state had produced President before.
“What we need in Nigeria is someone like Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who knows everybody. Someone who has planted and nurtured people across all the zones. Someone, who believes in making stars to unite Nigeria,” Adeyeye said.
Also , the former Senator representing Ekiti South Senatorial District, Senator Tony Adeniyi, alleged that members of SWAGA in Ekiti were being harassed and intimidated by APC members loyal to Governor Kayode Fayemi , saying these barrage of embarrassment must stop in the interest of APC.
“Before SWAGA was formed, we had ‘Tokan Tokan’ and original ‘JKF’, which are outfits loyal to Governor Fayemi.
“Is it an offence to associate with one of the foremost Nigerians like Tinubu? We are being treated here in Ekiti like orphans in the Sahara desert . We are being intimated and harassed by people who had contributed nothing to APC.”
Also, in his short lecture at the event, a Professor of Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Lagos , Prof. Yemi Oke, said he came to fraternise with the group as a Yoruba man , who believes in the Southwest agenda for the 2023.
2023: Any Yoruba Christian presidential candidate will lose – Islamic group warns
In his speech entitled: ‘Nigeria at a Crossroad, What Option for the Southwest Geopolitical Zone’, Prof. Oke, described Tinubu as the most qualified to lead Nigeria after President Buhari, so that all the faultlines and cleavages can be amended for national unity.
Commending Tinubu for working hard to sustain the country’s democracy, the Chairman, Inter-party Advisory Council in Ekiti, Hon. Ife Iyaniwura, said Tinubu has become a strong political stakeholder that people respect in the country.
“Asiwaju has been a phenomenon. He has shown it.”
Open Grazing: I’m a herdsman but I ranch my cattle – Benue Varsity lecturer
A member of the Academic Staff Union of University, ASUU Benue State chapter, Dr Ogi John has declared support for ranching of cattle in the country.
Recall that following the incessant clashes between farmers and herders across the country, many prominent Nigerians called for a ban on open grazing.
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State in May 2017, signed the Open Grazing Prohibition Bill into law as a measure to tackle the farmers and herders crisis in the state.
Open Grazing: Why Nigerian govt should support ranching – Okowa
Similarly, governors in the Southern part of the country unanimously opted for ranching in a bid to end the insecurity in the region.
John Ogi, a senior lecturer in the university made his stance known in a post on his official Facebook page after visiting one of his farm in Anuja.
He said ranching remains the global standard of rearing cattle.
The post reads, “I am 100% in support of ranching, that’s the global best practice. I own cows and I ranch them, cattle business is a private business and cow owners must learn to protect their animals from destroying other peoples farm.
“Sunday visit to one of our farms in Abuja, part-time civil servant, full-time agro businessman”.
Students of Rivers State College of Health block major roads, protest poor amenities
Students of the Rivers State College of Health Sciences and Technology on Tuesday, blocked the mile four axis of the Ikwerre street in Port Harcourt in protest towards bad simple services withinside the institution.
The protest prompted a heavy gridlock across the area, forcing motorists to apply opportunity routes. The college students who defied an early morning downpour to level the protest are disturbing for the availability of water and energy of their hostels through the institution’s control. Some of the leaders of the protest, who spoke with us additionally decried “non accreditation of a few guides presented withinside the institution,”leaving them jobless after graduation.
A protester said,, “have a take a observe the building, it’s far simply pleasant out of doors however whilst you cross in, its rubbish. The region is water logged, there has now no longer been mild for over weeks now not to mention water”. “So college students are sincerely stranded. Just to wash and feature their garments ironed has been a massive problem. “So we’re calling at the Rivers State authorities to return back and assist us.
The control of the college has failed us. “We are paying a massive quantity of costs right here however you can not see the impact withinside the control of the college”.
The college students threatened to hold the protest till their needs are met. Efforts to attain the institution’s provost proved abortive as his cellular strains had been unreachable.
Music11 months ago
Jay Famous – Forgiveness
News3 months ago
10 things you need to know today Monday 29/03/2021
News11 months ago
Diezani must face N17.6bn money laundering charges – Court
Music2 years ago
Education11 months ago
WASSCE: Lagos private schools to resume August 3
News11 months ago
Corruption: I won’t resign – Buhari replies PDP
Hottest Gist11 months ago
30-year old fraudster, Oluokun bags 20-year jail term in Ibadan
News11 months ago
FIRS Mandates Landlords, Property Agents to Collect, Remit 6% Stamp Duty on Tenancy, Lease Agreements