1. No fewer than seven persons have been kidnapped in Kadauri, a community under Jabaka district in Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State as bandits stormed the village and unleashed terror on the people, kidnapping seven and injuring one villager during the operation. According to the APC chairman of senator Kabiru Garba Marafa’s faction in Maru Local Government, Hon. Sani Gyare, the notorious bandits entered the village with many motorcycles and sophisticated weapons and left with six of his children and another person.
2. The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, has directed the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) to put the screening of 5,000 new recruits on hold. The order was contained in a statement Friday night by Dayo Apata, Solicitor General of the Federation. The AGF cited the current and alarming wave of COVID-19 pandemic across the country as the reason to suspend the exercise.
3. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abia State has told Senator Orji Uzor Kalu to “stop misleading the public with fake defections”. PDP accused the former Abia Governor of massaging “his dwindled ego” before the presidency and the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the national level. Publicity Secretary, Fabian Nwankwo, said the building that Kalu’s acclaimed defection took place cannot contain more than 50 people at a time, wondering how thousands of people could be hosted.
4. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), has reported 1544 new COVID-19 infections in the country. NCDC disclosed this via its verified Twitter account on Friday night. The health agency reported that the country sadly recorded twelve additional deaths in the last 24 hours, raising the overall total in the nation since the start of the pandemic to 1,342.
5. Nigeria’s Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, has said that up to seven SIM cards can be linked to one National Identification Number (NIN) on the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Mobile App launched recently. According to him, the ministry and NIMC are working on transforming the NIN enrolment process and the subsequent linkage to SIM cards as required by the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC).
6. Lagos State residents have discovered a suspected kidnappers’ den. The hideout was found at a location in Orile. The tunnel, under a bridge, connects to Lagos Island. After a search of the area, several school pupils’ uniforms, a generator set, an air conditioner, household items, among others were seen. It was gathered that a suspect apprehended was burnt to death.
7. Twitter has permanently suspended President Donald Trump’s account. The President was accused of using it for sedition. After the US Capitol invasion, Trump seemed to have posted tweets that tactically supported further opposition against the incoming administration. The social media platform said in the context of horrific events this week, it warned that additional violations of rules would potentially result in suspension.
8. The United Kingdom (UK) has disclosed that it spent more than £50 million to support electoral processes in Nigeria in the last five years. Sam Waldock, Head of Governance and Stability, UK Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office, spoke at a retreat of the Joint Technical Committee on the Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2020 in Abuja. Waldock said his country was a proud supporter of Nigeria’s democratic process.
9. Richard Barnett, President Donald Trump’s supporter, who broke into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office, has been apprehended. Barnett posed for pictures and stole mail from the lawmaker’s desk. He was arrested on Friday in Little Rock, Arkansas, and has been charged with three federal counts.
10. Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger State has directed the Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice, Barr Nasara Danmalan to constitute a committee to investigate allegation of financial mismanagement against the Chairman of Shiroro Local Government, Suleiman Dauda Chukuba. The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mrs. Mary Noel Berje, made the disclosure in an interview in Minna on Friday.
National Assembly can reorganize Nigeria, I believe in devolution of powers- Muhammadu Buhari
Buhari described reorganizing as a serious issue, adding that in whichever forms it comes be it true federalism or devolution of powers, it remains a constitutional matter.
The President, however, talked on devolving more power to the people.
Buhari said this when he accepted members of the Nigerian Inter-Religious Council (NIREC) led by Co-Chairmen, Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar and President of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Samson Supo Ayokunle, at the State House on Friday.
“On the contentious issue of restructuring or true federalism or devolution of powers, like you all know, this is a constitutional matter with which only the National Assembly can deal.
“I remain an unapologetic believer in devolving power to the people and that is why I signed the Executive Order granting autonomy to State Legislature and Judiciary,” Buhari said.
Buhari pointed out that autonomy to State Legislature and Judiciary met with some resistance at the state level, leading to a more than two months’ strike action that has cost the country so much.
Buhari said that he believes and hopes that the review of the constitution previously going on at the National Assembly would treat some of the agitating issues in the minds of our people.
June 12 protest is suspended by NANS
NANS president, Sunday Asefon, said this in a talk on Friday morning.
Recollect that NANS had earlier this month pronounced 12 of June,2021 a day of protest.
The talk which was titled, ‘NANS Suspends June 12 Protest Over Concerns About Safety Of Protesters And Fear Of Possible Hijack By Politicians – Comrade Sunday Asefon,’ partly read, “Having considered the current security realities and the danger to the lives of our members in case of possible hijack of the planned protest, I in consultation with all the structures of NANS, therefore, announce the suspension of our proposed protest for June 12.”
In addition, the suspension of the protest was relevant to avoid a clash of interest and clash with security agencies as a result of many other protests scheduled for the date, the protest was suspended for the welfare of students, adding that it doesn’t want to put the life of any of the students in danger.
COALITION OF CONCERNED IRU – VICTORIA ISLAND RESIDENTS
COALITION OF CONCERNED IRU – VICTORIA ISLAND RESIDENTS
IRU VICTORIA ISLAND 2021
APOCALYPSE SET TO LOOM THE RULING
ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS IN IRU V/I LAGOS BASED ON CERTIFICATE FORGERY BY THE INCUMBENT CHAIRMAN OF IRU VICTORIA ISLAND LCDA.
Opposition parties set to hijack Lagos using Iru- Victoria Island LCDA
APC IS SITTING ON A KEG OF GUN POWDER IN LAGOS.
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu
Mr. Femi Pedro (Chairman screening)
Mr. Babajide Olusola Sanwoolu
Dr. Obafemi Kadri Hamzat
Alh. Tunde Balogun
Oba. Gbolahan Lawal
Alh. Hon Omoba Murphy Adetoro
WHY SHOULD THE RULING ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS A SACRED AND HIGHLY REVERENED PARTY ENCOURAGE CERTIFICATE FORGERY IN IRU-VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS AND EXPECT TO WIN?
THIS HAPPENED 2017 IN IRU VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS AND IT`S NOT POSSIBLE AGAIN IN 2021; BECAUSE WE WONT FOLD OUR ARMS TO SEE IT REOCCUR.
IT IS CALLED BROAD DAY POLITICAL ROBERY.
THE RULING PARTY ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS SHOULD REMEMBER THAT *“ENDSARS* – *END BAD GOVERNANCE“* ISSUE IS STILL VERY FRESH IN THE MIND OF OUR PEOPLE AND *UNFORTUNATELY LEKKI TOLL GATE* IN IRU VICTORIA ISLAND WAS THE *MASSACRE POINT.*
DESPITE ALL THAT WAS DONE WITHIN IRU VICTORIA ISLAND LCDA DURING THE *“ENDSARS* – *END BAD GOVERNANCE* *PROTEST“,* OUR CHAIRMAN BECAUSE OF HER LOW LEVEL OF EDUCATION, EXPOSURE AND UNDERSTANDING COULDN’T ADDRESS A PRESS CONFERENCE OR EVEN APPEAL TO THE YOUTH.
WE ARE NOT AGAINST THE DECISION OF THE PARTY TO RETURN HER FOR 2ND TERM, WE ARE ONLY CONCERNED ABOUT HER CREDIBILITY AND INTEGRITY.
IT IS OPTIMUMLY CLEAR THAT SOMEONE WHO FORGED HER CERTIFICATE TO BECOME CHAIRMAN OVER US IN 2017 WOULD DO WORST IN 2021.
FOUR YEARS IN OFFICE AS CHAIRMAN OF IRU VICTORIA ISLAND AN AFFLUENT AREA, THE MAIN BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL CENTRE OF LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA.
VICTORIA ISLAND IS ONE OF THE MOST EXCLUSIVE AND EXPENSIVE AREA TO RESIDE IN LAGOS, WE CAN’T CONTINUE TO BE FOOLED BY A SET OF MICRO SCOPIC MINORITY BECAUSE OF PERSONAL INTEREST.
FORGERY IS CONSIDERED A FELONY: THIS IS AN ACT PUNISHABLE BY A RANGE OF PENALTIES INCLUDING JAIL OR PRISON TERM, SIGNIFICANT FINES, PROBATIONS AND DISQUALIFICATIONS.
WHY MUST THE CASE BE DIFFERENT IN IRU VICTORIA ISLAND?
HON RASHEDAT ADU THE INCUMBENT CHAIRMAN IRU – VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS ALLEGATION OF CERTIFICATE FORGERY, IMPOSITION OF UNQUALIFIED CANDIDATE AGAINST THE POPULAR & CREDIBLE CANDIDATES BY APC LEADERS ARE TOP ON THE LIST OF MANY ISSUES ON GROUND IN IRU VICTORIA ISLAND AHEAD OF THE FORTH COMING LOCAL GOVERNMENT & LOCAL COUNCILS ELECTION IN LAGOS.
A Chieftain of the All-Progressives Congress, who doubles as a serving Supervising Councillor for Budget & Planning Iru V.I Lcda and also Chairmanship Aspirant in the same Iru Victoria Island Hon. Akinwunmi Bayode also demanded the cancellation of the Saturday May 29 2021 APC PRIMARIES. He said it was a Shady primaries called election in Iru – Victoria Island area of Lagos State.
He called the *CHAIRMAN a CLOWN* and the primaries a sham, pre-arranged, hijacked and a total political fraud.
He also mentioned the issue of certificate forgery by the incumbent Chairman of Iru Victoria Island LCDA Hon. Princess Rashedat Adu.
He pointed two former local government Chairmen ( *CHIEF RILWAN ALESHINLOYE & ABAYOMI DARAMOLA* ) who are supposed to be seen as Fathers, fountain of wisdom and peace shocked us by descending to the lowest level of thuggery with violent behaviours.
This is another vital issue.
The Chairman forged certificate succeeded in 2017 but she cannot escape the hammer now in 2021 as *Security agencies are already close on her and her* collaborators.
The party leadership should do the needful by disqualifying her and declare any other successfully screened and credible candidates within the Party.
We must not allow local champions, warlords and cultists to have control of APC in Iru Victoria Island.
This will expose the ruling party to more political dangers.
More also the party must be aware that other Political parties are watching and waiting for this apocalypse to loom the ruling All Progressives Congress for them to leverage on to canvass, cajole and win any election.
It is better the Leadership of the party APC look into this before its too late…
WE ARE COALITION OF CONCERNED IRU – VICTORIA ISLAND RESIDENTS AND WE HAVE THE STRENGTH.
COMRADE OLATUNDUN BOLAJI TAIWO
COALITION OF CONCERNED IRU – VICTORIA ISLAND RESIDENTS.
Music11 months ago
Jay Famous – Forgiveness
News3 months ago
10 things you need to know today Monday 29/03/2021
Education11 months ago
WASSCE: Lagos private schools to resume August 3
News11 months ago
Diezani must face N17.6bn money laundering charges – Court
Music2 years ago
Hottest Gist11 months ago
30-year old fraudster, Oluokun bags 20-year jail term in Ibadan
News11 months ago
FIRS Mandates Landlords, Property Agents to Collect, Remit 6% Stamp Duty on Tenancy, Lease Agreements
News11 months ago
Corruption: I won’t resign – Buhari replies PDP