Manchester United goalkeeper, David de Gea, has said that he is expecting a tough match when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men tackle Paris Saint-Germain, PSG, in the Champions league round of 16 clash on Tuesday night at Old Trafford.
De Gea also said that it is a shame for PSG forward, Neymar not to feature in his side’s Champions League tie with Manchester United.
Neymar is currently injured but De Gea believes the Brazilian is a very special player, adding that there are many other players who can replace the former Barcelona star.
Manchester United head to the game following a 3-0 victory over Fulham on Saturday in the Premier League encounter.
“We will fight to go all the way to Champions League final but first we must eliminate PSG. Then, we will see,” De Gea told Telefoot.
“It will be an intense Round of 16 match, a great match to play, very special, against a very good team that has exceptional individuals, amongst some of the best at the moment.
“They are the favourites but we will be very motivated. We all really want to play in this special match and win it.”
Speaking on Neymar’s absence, De Gea added: “It is a real shame, but I think that even if he is a very special player, there are a lot of other players who could replace him, dangerous players and at a very high level.
“In these types of big matches, it is the small details that make the difference. It will be very tight and I hope that these details will go in our favour.”
Chelsea confirm deal for 20-year-old striker
Chelsea have confirmed a new long-term deal for 20-year-old striker, Armando Broja.
The new deal will see Broja remain at Chelsea until 2026.
Chelsea disclosed this in a statement via their website on Sunday.
The statement read, “Armando Broja has signed a new long-term contract at Chelsea FC that commits him to Stamford Bridge until at least the summer of 2026.
“The young striker, who will turn 20 in September, spent last season on loan in the Eredivisie with Vitesse Arnhem, where he made 34 appearances.”
Reacting, Broja said: “I’m really excited to be signing a new contract with Chelsea.
“Having come through the Academy here it was a special moment for me to make my first-team debut last year, before gaining further experience on loan at Vitesse last season.
“I want to build on these foundations and I’m really looking forward to progressing and making an impact.”
Saliba breaks silence after leaving Arsenal on loan to Marseille
William Saliba has said he is joining “one of the great French clubs” in Marseille after sealing his latest loan spell away from Arsenal.
The 20-year-old was signed by the Gunners for £27m in 2019.
But Saliba is yet to make a single appearance for the Premier League club and is now beginning his third loan move away from north London.
He was immediately loaned back to Saint-Etienne after signing for Arsenal, before spending the second half of last season at Nice.
Saliba has now signed up for the 2021/2022 campaign with Marseille.
“I am very proud to join one of the best French clubs.
“I cannot wait to be on the Orange Vélodrome pitch. Where I am from, in Paris, lots of those close to me are for Marseille, I am proud to wear this shirt,” Saliba told Marseille’s official website.
England vs Italy: UEFA receives petitions to replay Euro 2020 final
Some England fans have started a petition, asking that UEFA order a replay of the Euro 2020 final.
They feel the defeat to Italy on penalties was “unfair”, according to the Daily Mail.
Italy have been accused of playing “dirty”, after their captain Giorgio Chiellini pulled on Bukayo Saka’s collar, dragging him onto the pitch in the latter stages of the game.
While some fans have taken to social media to insist he deserved a red card for the move, he eventually got away with a yellow.
The refereeing decisions have been widely disputed since and a number of England fans have taken it upon themselves to start up petitions.
One petition, in its description, outlines: “Bukayo Saka was mistreated during the match between England and Italy as he was dragged down by his shirt by Giorgio Cheiellini and given a yellow card when it CLEARLY should’ve been a red card. I do strongly believe that the referee was biased and in favour of Italy.”
Another argues Chiellini should have been given a red card, and that a rematch should take place with a “non-biased referee”.
Currently, there are several petitions that exist, but they are struggling to gain any substantial traction.
Of the five petitions so far, one is approaching 1,500 signatures, while the others have meagre numbers.
Music1 year ago
Jay Famous – Forgiveness
News4 months ago
10 things you need to know today Monday 29/03/2021
Music3 years ago
Music4 months ago
Former Bad Boy Rapper, Black Rob is dead
News1 year ago
Diezani must face N17.6bn money laundering charges – Court
Education1 year ago
WASSCE: Lagos private schools to resume August 3
Hottest Gist2 months ago
COALITION OF CONCERNED IRU – VICTORIA ISLAND RESIDENTS
Education3 years ago
What candidates with issues of biometrics should do