1. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State yesterday, said the human capital development indices of the North West are closer to war torn Afghanistan. The governor said this Tuesday at a forum tagged “Human Capital Development Communications Strategy Validation Meeting,” organised by the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo-led National Economic Council (NEC) at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
2. Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has said there is nothing the people of South East geopolitical zone can not get from the Federal Government through dialogue and understanding. Umahi said this on Tuesday at the Ecumenical Centre in Abakiliki, the capital of Ebonyi State when he inaugurated members of the South East traditional rulers council.
3. Former Emir of Kano and leader of the Tijjaniyya Sect in Nigeria, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has admonished Nigerians to stop cursing their leaders because of the current hardship in the country. Addressing members of the Sect from seven states of the North West in Sokoto on Tuesday, Sanusi expressed optimism that things would change for the better.
4. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, on Tuesday, said the State has embarked on a N10 billion cattle ranch project to centralise all herders in Kaduna. El-Rufai, who spoke with newsmen shortly after a meeting with officials of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja, said the project will be completed in two years.
5. The fundamental rights suit filed by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, at the Abia State High Court was on Tuesday, adjourned to October 7 following the inability of the Federal Government to appear before the court. The counsel to Kanu, Aloy Ejimakor, had on August 27, 2021 filed the case demanding that the FG returns the secessionist to Kenya where he was “abducted” from.
6. The Senate, on Tuesday, considered a bill seeking stiffer punishment for the offence of abduction, wrongful restraint and confinement for ransom. The bill titled, “Abduction, Wrongful Restraints and Confinement Bill 2021” proposed a life imprisonment for anyone convicted for the offence of kidnapping, particularly where death results from the act.
7. The Northern Elders Forum says the north is a rich region and can survive on its resources without the “billions” accruing to Southern states. NEF Director of Publicity and Advocacy, Dr. Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, made this known on Tuesday during an interview.
8. The Senate has passed a bill seeking to control and manage sickle cell anaemia, a genetically inherited disease in Nigeria. The passage of the bill followed the consideration of a report by the Committee on Health (Secondary and Tertiary) at plenary on Tuesday.
9. Ahead of the 2023 general elections, prominent Nigerians have established a third force, Rescue Nigeria Project, RNP, to give Nigerians alternative platform to the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. Founders of RNP include former governor of Kwara state, Ahmed Abdulfatai, Prof. Pat Utomi, Prof. Tunde Adeniran, former Governor of Cross River state, Donald Duke, Senator Lee Maeba, Usman Bugaje, Prof. Attahiru Jega, Amb. Nkoyo Toyo, Yomi Awoniyi, Dr. Rose Idi Danladi, Dr. Sadiq Gombe among others.
10. The Federal Government has said it has uncovered fraud in the administration of COVID-19 vaccines that had to do with people trying to get vaccination cards without being vaccinated. In response, it said the State Security Services (SSS), ICPC and other law enforcement agencies have been engaged to investigate and prosecute persons and their accomplices attempting to fraudulently acquire vaccination cards. Executive Director, National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), Dr. Faisal Shuaib, told journalists at a press conference in Abuja.
Six suspected kidnappers arrested in Adamawa
The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested six suspected kidnappers who attacked Ngurore police station in Yola-South and kidnapped a nursing l mother.
NAN reports that the incident occurred on Oct.10 and the victims were rescued.
The Commissioner of Police in the State, Mr Mohammed Barde disclosed this during a courtesy visit by the Adamawa Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC) on Thursday in Yola.
He said that the command was ready to deal with any kidnapping, armed robbery and other criminal activities in the State.
Barde called for continued support of the committee by providing useful information to the police to ensure peace and security across the 21 Local Government Areas of the state.
He assured them that such information would be treated with confidentiality.
The commissioner advised the PCRC to remain united in the discharge of their duties and discouraged them from having different factions.
BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB gives conditions to dialogue with Buhari govt
The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Thursday gave the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government conditions for dialogue.
IPOB’s spokesman, Emma Powerful said the group would listen to the Federal Government when its leader, Nnamdi Kanu is released unconditionally.
Powerful also noted that the Federal Government should set a date for the referendum of Biafra.
In a statement he signed, Powerful insisted that Kanu committed no crime to warrant being arrested and prosecuted.
He maintained that Kanu should not be detained while terrorists are roaming the streets freely.
According to Powerful: “Our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu committed no crime to deserve persecution by the federal government that is openly hobnobbing with real terrorists and Fulani bandits but crushing peaceful agitators.
“We demand unconditional release of our Leader. He should not be in detention while real terrorists and mass murderers are parading freely on the streets.
“Nigeria government should prepare a date for the referendum on Biafra for people to decide where to stay either in Biafra or Nigeria.Those who want to sabotage Biafra freedom should wait for the referendum date.
“IPOB demands nothing other than unconditional release of our great leader, Mazi Nnamdi KANU, and a date for the Biafra referendum.
“We are not interested in any dialogue unless our Leader, Mazi Nnamdi KANU is released before we can sit with anybody for discussion.”
Sex tape: Nobody is holy, even Tiwa Savage – Reality Tv star, Ka3na
Reality Tv star, Ka3na Jones has opined that nobody no matter how perfect their life seem to be, is holier than another.
Ka3na made this known in a post via her Instagram account while reacting to the recently released alleged sex tape of Nigerian singer, Tiwa Savage and her boyfriend.
She further noted that nobody is perfect, be it man or woman, adding that the difference is that some are been captured on camera while some do theirs behind the scenes.
“I hope y’all have seen that nobody is holier than another.
“Be It African bad girl or Big Brother Naija housemates. A woman is a woman; the difference is that some people’s dirty doings haven’t been captured on camera. Nobody holy pass,” she wrote.
Recall that ka3na was criticized and dragged online after she had sex with Praise while at the Big Brother house.
She also claimed that Praise didn’t even last for 5 seconds after things turned sour between them.
Music1 year ago
Jay Famous – Forgiveness
Music3 years ago
News7 months ago
10 things you need to know today Monday 29/03/2021
Music6 months ago
Former Bad Boy Rapper, Black Rob is dead
News7 months ago
2021 WASSCE will not hold in May/June – WAEC
Hottest Gist4 months ago
COALITION OF CONCERNED IRU – VICTORIA ISLAND RESIDENTS
News1 year ago
Diezani must face N17.6bn money laundering charges – Court
Education3 years ago
What candidates with issues of biometrics should do