1. The Niger State Governor, Abubakar Sani Bello, has said that none of the abducted students of Government Science College Kagara, Rafi Local Government Area of the state has been released. The Governor said this shortly after the Islamic Scholar, Sheikh Ahmed Gumi met with the bandits.
2. The Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, yesterday called on the Federal Government to immediately implement recommendations of the All Progressives Congress Committee on True Federalism to address the insecurity in the country. El-Rufai stressed on the failure of the central security system and advocated state police system.
3. The Senator representing Ondo South Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Nicholas Tofowomo, has said that herdsmen in the state were still operating in the forests reserve because Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s eviction order was not backed by law.
4. The House of Representatives has received a petition alleging that the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria has granted a waiver to a private equity firm, Alta Semper Capital, UK, otherwise known as Idi Holdings, to become a part owner of a popular retail pharmacy chain, HealthPlus, in Nigeria.
5.The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) says the Federal Government has declared war on the people of South-East by its military operation in Orlu, Imo State. Mazi Chika Edoziem, the Head of Directorate of State for the group, said this in a statement yesterday, charging IPOB members to be ready for a fresh battle.
6. The Imo State government has said that some members of the Eastern Security Network, ESN, an arm of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, operating in the forest of Orlu -Orsu axis, who were arrested recently, would be prosecuted for murder.
7. The government of Imo State has confiscated a multi-billion naira estate, Royal Palm Estate, allegedly owned by the wife of the former Governor of Imo state, Nkechi Okorocha. The judicial commission of enquiry on recovery of lands and other related matters, set up by the immediate past Governor, Emeka Ihedioha made this revelation.
8. The Sultan of Sokoto and President-General of Jama’atu Nasril Islam (JNI), Alhaji Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar 111, has said Boko Haram insurgents have eventually transmuted themselves into armed bandits and kidnappers, with the aim of overrunning the country under their unholy agenda.
9. As the Federal Government makes arrangement for the vaccination of Nigerians, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC, has alerted that about 55 different lineages of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is circulating in Nigeria and are also changing rapidly as of February 14 2021.
10. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC has again confirmed 877 fresh cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of recorded infections to 150,246. The public health agency made the announcement on Friday night while giving an update on its official website.